Sunday, May 6, 2007

Voy a Honduras

I will be leaving for Honduras in t-minus 6 hours. I was asked to go with nursing majors from Oklahoma Christian University and I gladly accepted the offer. I have been to Honduras twice, but not since high school. I am very eager to go again and hopefully see some individuals that I met several years back. Honduras is really where it all started for me. The "job position" I have now is greatly due in part to the people and events I experienced during my previous trips. I am not going to lie though, I selfishly love going to Honduras and being around the people of that culture/country.

In the past I participated in building walls/sinks/fences, attending ophanages, putting on "mime-shows", and playing games with kids, but this time I am not exactly sure how I am going to be used. It could be as simple as carrying supplies, setting up camp or just having a male presence with a bunch of female, nursing students. Regardless of my responsibilities I am sure that God has some divine appointments set up for me even before I arrive.

In my down time I look forward to reading the book "Irresistible Revolution". I have heard some pretty powerful comments about this book and have been told that I need to read it, so I will. I will be staying with a women that many of you are familiar with, Amanda. So, this trip may be a little different then in the past, I might have access to a computer. Don't count on it, but maybe, just maybe I will get around to a blog. I will return the 17th, Thursday. I ask that if you can find some space in your already packed prayer list that you fit me in somewhere. Pray that God would bring people to me and that I would approach people who are in search of something they lack. Whether it be forgiveness, mercy, love, a helping hand, food, clothes, prayer or simply a person to talk to; I pray I that I would be available to be offer that specific something.

Gracias por adelantado por tus rezos. El dios te bendice y permanece templado para las actualizaciones... (don't worry, I had to look up some of those words too)

No comments:

Post a Comment