Thursday, February 15, 2007

glimpse of the future?

Recently Chandy made a post titled, "a-PASTOR-fee-ess". In this post she wrote the following,
"Today the younger of the "kisser and hugger" brothers, who is 5, told
me that when he grows up he's going to be a pastor. He said he wants to
be one because he wants to "learn people about God"".

The younger of the two brothers is Eduardo and the older is named Juan. My blog will serve as a little "teaser" for what the future may hold. Keep in mind, it will take 20,25,30 years for this teaser to fully develop, so just hold tight and I'll keep you updated with my blog.

During our prayer time Tuesday morning, which we have every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning from 10:30-11:00, we had a full house. We use this time for several reasons. First, we use this as a time to give some structure and direction to the various volunteers that we have for the day. Next, we introduce visiters and/or friends or family and try to give some insight as to how they made their way to Cross and Crown that day. To end our time, we pray. Without question, this is the most important time of the day. We use this time of prayer to lift up specific requests, give thanks and to ask God's blessing and provision for the day.

Two of our visiters this past Tuesday were pasters from a neighborhood similar to the one that we are located in at Cross and Crown. Several of the families that come to Cross and Crown for food, clothing and prayer attend this church on a regular basis. So, as we went around the room each person introduced their respective guests. When we came to the two men, who are father and son, they were introduced. To be honest, I can't even remember who introduced them. I'll give three guesses as to what you think the names of these two men are....brian and chad? no, but close.....keith and chris, almost but not it....if you guessed Juan and Eduardo then you are correct. I really wish we had been filming my face when I heard their names. I think I gave them a look of disbelief, but based on my disbelief it was probably closer to a look of, "you have got to be absolutely kidding me, what are your real names, you are not funny, get out of the prayer room right now you liars".

After a few brief seconds to process my thoughts I surveyed the room to find Ron and Chandy to see if they had picked up on the same thing I was considering. They had similar reactions that I had. I think Chandy gave me a, "DID YOU HEAR THEIR NAMES?", that was intended to be a whisper, but she was so excited it came out louder then it would have been if she was just talking in a normal tone.

Anyway, you may or may not be able to understand my excitment about this somewhat coincidental naming affair. If you don't, I'll help you out in a second. If you do, good. Because if you do undnerstand my excitment then you know that it's not coincidence and if you don't understand my excitment, then know this...

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan
of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will"

These two boys are no different then anyone else. Christ wants them. He wants to use them. He has chosen them as His own. Now let's just wait as this "teaser" unfolds and becomes reality.

1 comment: